Saturday, August 21, 2010

Unit 8 - Object Pronouns

Grammar

1. Object Pronouns
Subjects are what a sentence is about. For example:
- I like rice.
In this sentence I is the subject - I is what the sentence is about.
Objects are what is affected by the action of the subject. For example:
- I want a table.
- I am reading a book.
Object pronouns are used instead of object nouns, usually because we already know what the object is.
- My friend's name is Hyun Ju. I really like her.
- I like this book. I read it every day.
The Subject and Object Pronouns are as follows:
Singular
I - Me
You - You
He - Him
She - Her
It - It
Plural
We - Us
You - You
They - Them
Subject pronouns are not normally used on their own in short answers. We use object pronouns, for example:
- Who want some candy? Me! / Not me!
- Who wants some candy? I / Not I! This is very unusual.
-----
Click below for exercises using object pronouns.

No comments:

Post a Comment